Friday, February 4, 2011

Stupid Smoking’ Led To Fire

Oregon - A house fire may be a $30,000 lesson for the tenants of a northeast Portland home. Fire investigators say people living in the Prescott Street home were using a hole in their floor as an ashtray. The fire was first reported when a 911 caller screamed that the fire department was needed and then hung up. Officials say the person then refused to give vital information when the dispatcher returned the call several times. Shortly after the fire was extinguished, investigators said it appeared the tenants had been flicking ashes and cigarettes into a hole in the floor.  More…

No comments:

Post a Comment