Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Woman gets chainsaw embedded in her

 Oak Lawn, Illinois - Teresa Salcich, a mother of four, was helping her parents around the house when she decided to grab her dad’s chainsaw and trim some tree branches. She’d read on the internet how to use it, and she thought she was being extra careful by wearing goggles. “I didn’t realize how quick a chainsaw cuts,” she said. “The next thing I knew there was a sea of green. The branch kicked back because it was caught on a vine, and I did not see it. I looked over and I thought the 14-inch blade was caught in my shirt.” It was actually embedded in her side. Salich was rushed to the only level-one trauma center serving the south suburban area: Advocate Christ. “The first thing I said, ‘Is she stable?’ He said yes. The second thing I said is, ‘Don’t pull it out.’ And the third thing I said is, ‘Get her to me as fast as you can,’” said Dr. Salzman. “They have never done a chapter in any of the textbooks I’ve read on how to remove a chainsaw correctly, so a lot of the stuff we do is on the fly and we sort of make it up as we go along.  More

No comments:

Post a Comment