Saturday, August 20, 2011

Teen Could Die From Brushing Hair

Scotland - A teenage girl in Scotland with an extremely rare medical condition was told by doctors that brushing her hair could kill her. Megan Stewart, 13, suffers from hair brushing syndrome, which means that contact with static electricity could cause her brain to shut down. Her condition came to light as she got ready for school in Wishaw, central Scotland. Her mother, Sharon, said, “I was brushing her hair in the living room when she flopped over and her lips turned blue. I thought she was having a fit, which she’d never had before, so we called the paramedics. It was really scary.” Doctors at Glasgow’s Yorkhill Hospital for Sick Children told her parents that they had only ever heard of one other case of the syndrome, which causes vital organs to shut down if there is a buildup of static.  More

1 comment:

  1. She should be sent to a mental institute after her release from jail!